Here are some signs that it’s time to replace your boiler. Gas Boiler installations in Cardiff and the surrounding area can help ensure that you and your family are comfortable all year long.
* Is your boiler 15 years old? That’s the lifespan of a typical boiler. Even if you’ve maintained it over the years, if it’s more than 15 years old, it may be time to think about a replacement.
* Is the flame yellow rather than blue? This could be a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning and should be dealt with ASAP. The boiler flame should always be blue, so check this on a regular basis. Also ensure that you have carbon monoxide detectors placed on each floor of your home.
* Are you having more frequent repairs needed? Are you calling a boiler repair company more often than you used to? This could be a sign of an aging boiler. You may want to consider having the entire system replaced.
* Is your boiler making strange noises? You may think a ghost has moved in, but it’s likely just your fan or a loose piece inside. This happens will all aging boilers. You can have it fixed, but over time, the problem will become worse and more frequent.
* Are your heating bills on the rise? If you find that you’re paying more for your monthly fuel bills, it could be because the boiler isn’t running as efficiently as it once was.
* Is it taking longer to heat up? Another sign of inefficiency. You shouldn’t have to wait long for hot water to run or a room to become comfortably warm.
Has a professional recommended a replacement? Professionals in gas boiler installations in Cardiff can recommend whether your boiler needs to be completely replaced or whether it only needs to be repaired. A reputable company will give you their honest recommendation.
At Eric Collier & Son Ltd, we are experts when it comes to installing, servicing and repairing all types of gas, oil and LPG devices in Cardiff, UK.